Econometric Semiconductor Industry Forecast
Groundbreaking econometric forecast provides accurate semiconductor industry forecasts every month
The Econometric Semiconductor Forecast is the first semiconductor industry forecasting service to use rigorous state of the art global GDP macroeconomic models to provide forecasts at a quarterly frequency with monthly updates, allowing forecast recipients to plan for short-term fluctuations in the volatile semiconductor industry.
Forecasting Semiconductors: A Demand-Driven Approach
The Econometric Semiconductor Forecasting Service uses a proven macroeconomic forecasting tool that incorporates measures of economic uncertainty, global economic shocks, and regional volatility to develop a Silicon area forecast for the global semiconductor industry.
Predictions for 2013 show several notable trends:
- Overall Si area growth for 2013 should average approximately 6%.
- A slow first quarter will be followed by a strong second quarter with moderate growth in the second half of the year.
- The modest growth forecast for 2013 is predominantly demand-driven since inventory levels have not shown a significant increase in 2012.
The Econometric Semiconductor Forecast provides subscribers with monthly updates of quarterly forecasts of total semiconductor production in Million Square Inches(MSI) of silicon processed, as well as segmentation by device as follows:
The Econometric Semiconductor Forecast is based on an advanced econometric forecasting model developed by Duncan Meldrum, business economist and founder of Hilltop Economics, in conjunction with Linx Consulting. The model is based on a demand-driven equation that captures >98% of the long run variation in semiconductors and includes:
- Global real GDP growth (from consensus forecasts)
- US consumer and business spending on technology goods
- Inventory-shipments ratio, computer & electronics
- Financial crisis shock indicator to capture panic behavior in latest cycle
Forecast Reporting Schedule
The Econometric Semiconductor Forecast Service has two key deliverables released on a periodic basis:
Publishing Schedule for 2013
Watch a Demo of The Econometric Semiconductor Forecast
FREE 1Q 2013 Econometric Semiconductor Forecast
This is our first comprehensive quarterly forecast and a $1,000 value. Get a glimpse of the year ahead and a jump on your competition with the very first quarterly econometric semiconductor forecast.
For more information about The Econometric Semiconductor Forecast, call 617-273-8837 or 973-437-4517 or email us at email@example.com