The Surface Preparation and Cleaning Conference
The Surface Preparation and Cleaning Conference (SPCC) is the world’s largest conference dedicated to cleaning and preparation.
SPCC offers a unique opportunity for IC manufacturers, equipment makers, chemical and material suppliers, metrology and process monitoring suppliers, and researchers to hear presentations on cutting edge research cleaning technologies for the electronics industry. The scope of the conference encompasses front-end, back-end, equipment, materials, metrology, and equipment developments and issues in wafer cleaning.
The conference is comprised of invited presentations, reviewed technical oral presentations and posters covering all aspects of cleaning. Invited expert speakers will review key aspects of the surface preparation and cleaning markets.
Network with Industry Experts
Technologists, academics, product managers, and marketing managers focused on solving problems in semiconductor cleaning technology will benefit from the Surface Preparation and Cleaning Conference.
Call for Papers
Global semiconductor manufacturers, suppliers, researchers and students are invited to submit abstracts in all aspects of advanced cleaning and surface preparation, including but not limited to those listed below. Technical presentations can include new experimental work and findings or subject area reviews in wet processes and surface preparation.
Submissions addressing current or anticipated (future) challenges are particularly encouraged including:
- Cleaning challenges associated with advanced memory technologies, including pattern collapse, selective etching, particle removal and surface preparation in DRAM, 3D-NAND, and Emerging Memories.
- Challenges associated with wet and dry cleaning, surface preparation, and controlled removal of materials associated with advanced Logic structures – including FinFET, Nanosheets and both horizontal, and vertical Nanowire devices.
- Reduction of environment, safety, health impacts
- Surface preparation and clean challenges associated with Ge, III-V, and 2D systems.
- Multi-metal post etch cleans challenges in FEOL and BEOL
- Post CMP cleaning challenges
- Copper and low-κ dielectric related cleaning and ashing issues for 3D and advanced interconnect
- Unique challenges associated with advanced, optical, and EUV mask cleaning, including surface preparation and treatment for resist adhesion enhancement
- Control of contamination during cleaning, fabrication, exposure, storage, and transport of substrates and masks
- Challenges associated with providing high purity water and chemicals and the associated delivery systems.
- Analytical techniques relevant to surface preparation.
- In-situ monitoring techniques and statistical process control of cleaning or wet processes.
- The effect of surface preparation on electrical/device performance.
- Surface finishing in relation to packaging, such as bondpad corrosion.
- Surface preparation and passivation challenges in photovoltaic, MEMS, and nanoelectronics.
- Defect/particle reduction techniques for advanced CMOS or automotive devices.
Abstracts in (MS Word or PDF only) should be two-page (maximum) and include the selected topic. Authors are also invited to expand their papers for submission to a special peer reviewed edition of the Microelectronics Engineering issue published after the conference. Only full papers submitted by June 1, 2019 will be considered for publication. When submitting an abstract, please indicate if you also plan to submit a full paper for this publication.
Abstract submissions deadline is December 28, 2018
For questions about the SPCC technical program, please email Joel Barnett.